With this product you will receive a bundle of fun and engaging activities for the beginning of your school year that are aligned to the Kindergarten Common Core Standards! After reading "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books" with your students, you and your students will be able to enjoy the following activities:
- Sequence/Retell the story with picture cards
- Check listening comprehension with a friendly assessment
- Pick and name three things the lady ate
- Use the Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books Word Wall
- Finish and color their own emergent reader
- Color an emergent reader all about COLORS and School Supplies!
- Match cool school rhyming words along with a cut/paste activity
- Match upper and lowercase letters
- Clap syllables and sort the words on a syllable mat (a cut/paste activity is included here too)
- Write about what they would eat if they were the old lady
- Roll the school supplies (number recognition)
- Roll & Cover (School & Centers themed)
- A+ Ten Frames - match ten frames to numbers and record (multiple recording sheets available for differentiation)
- Sort 2D shapes (circle, triangle, square, rectangle, hexagon) by color, shape, and size
- 2 Color by Shape worksheets
- Making numbers 3-5 activities with crayons.
(Instruction cards are included with most of the math and literacy activities to allow students to work more independently)
As you can see, there is a lot of fun to be had within this back to school product! All of the math activities work perfectly in your math centers or workstations at the beginning of the year! Check out the preview to see a better idea of the activities included. I hope you enjoy!