Here are some quick, easy & super-fun activities to go along with “There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves!” by Lucille Colandro.
1. * A sequencing activity with a large, colorful old lady’s head.
2. * An activity with a smaller, black & white old lady, where students color & cut the items that the old lady swallows. Children sequence, then glue the “picture tiles” to her tongue in chronological order.
3. * Since completed projects make a terrific bulletin board or hallway display, I’ve included a “Having Fun With the Little Old Lady” poster for some extra pizzazz.
A variety of versatile worksheets, which can be done as a whole group activity, used in a small reading group, or done individually.
The various options help you easily diversify your lessons.
Be sure & click the PREVIEW for lots of samples.
4. * I’ve also included colorful answer keys.
5. * A “Checking for Comprehension” worksheet, where students fill in the blanks using words from a word bank.
6. * An “Ordinal Number Fun” worksheet, where students label the pumpkin-head scarecrows “parts” with ordinal numbers.
7. * An “Ask Me a Question” worksheet.
8. * A “Let’s Sequence The Little Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves” worksheet.
9. * A “Here’s What Happened” writing extension.
10. * For added value, there’s a BONUS activity: “Show Me A Pattern” game/center, which uses the picture tiles.
As always, all patterns come in full-color so that teachers can quickly & easily make examples to share, as well as black & white for students to color.
Besides the full-page patterns, there are also 2-on-a-one page pattern options as well.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a fun-filled time.
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.