Welcome to Classroom Inspirations. I hope you will enjoy my “There Was an Old Lady” fall themed sequencing activities and writing lesson. Please visit my blog at www.classroominspirations.com for unique classroom décor, inspiring lesson plans & more.
I love fall and these literary based lessons are a great way to get kids excited about learning. There Was an Old Lady themed books are fun to read and are a great model text to inspire young writers. In this lesson, students can “feed” the old lady, sequence the events and then write their own stories. Students really love the fun way the stories build at each turn of the page and the funny endings. This package deal includes activity sheets for both books and a writing graphic organizer. You decide which story to read first!
• Five activities
• Old Lady manipulative activity sheet with directions
• Sequencing cards for each story
• Sequencing activity sheet for each story
• Writing Graphic Organizer
• Student Stationary for Publishing (2 designs)