There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed A Book: Speech & Language No Print Digital
Also included in
- This Back to School Bundle Features 6 downloads. The regular price of all 6 downloads would be $26. This bundle price gives you the opportunity to buy all documents at a discount. These items are used in the August Road Map and will be a great way to star the year with your elementary or preschool cPrice $29.20Original Price $36.50Save $7.30
- Speech and Language therapy companions for the "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed" BUNDLE! Each download includes both printable and no-print interactive PDF options! Each 37 page activity pack is perfect for speech or language intervention. The activities included are also appropriate for literaPrice $76.80Original Price $96.00Save $19.20
There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Book: Speech and Language Activities. This download includes a book companion Interactive No-Print PDF and Print Option. For distance learning and teletherapy.
You might also be interested in my Old Lady BOOM cards! The perfect interactive companion! Check them out here.
This 37-page activity pack is perfect for speech or language. The activities included are also appropriate for literacy centers and whole class activities.
- Retelling: Cut out the old lady’s head. (page 3.) Cut out her mouth and attach it to an empty tissue box. Use the cards on page 4 to feed the lady pieces of the story. Use the retelling mats on pages 5 & 6 to retell the story or send home as homework.
- Rhyme: Cut out the cards (page 7) and match rhyming words from the story. Pictures make the cards partially self-checking.
- Verb Tense: Cut out each verb card (pages 8-11). Name the verb from the story indicated on the left side of the card.. Then determine the verb form for past, present and future tense. Use a dry erase marker to fill in the blanks.
- Story Sequencing: Print the story sequencing circles (pages 12-13) and add Velcro. Let students retell the story and add the story parts in order.
- Object Functions: Use the included sheet to let students identify the object functions. If students can ID them receptively, target this skill expressively (What do you do with a book?)
- Ordinal Numbers: Print and cut the included cards. Have students find matches (ie: first/1st) and then put them in order.
- Comprehension: Use the included 12 comprehension cards (pages 16-17) as a follow up to the book. Use the Yes/No questions (page 18) as another follow-up activity.
- Articulation Reinforcers: Use the Spin and Cover and Granny Collector games as a general reinforcer for articulation students (or any speech/language target). During Spin & Cover (pages 19-20) the student uses an included spinner and sheet to be the first to cover each item (use bingo chips.) During the Granny Collector game (page 21-22) students use the included game die to collect as many grannies as they can. Be the first to cover each granny and win. Say your sound as many times as you cover grannies!
- Possessive Pronouns: Print one copy of pages 23-24. The old lady has decided to share some items with her dog, Brutus. Decide what items they should have. Say a good sentence as you give them each their objects and explain why!
- Conversation Starters: Use the 12 included conversation starters to discuss topics related to the book.
- Do-A-Dot Reinforcer: Use the included reinforcer as a coloring or Do-A-Dot page.
- Temporal Directions: Print one of each card (pages 28-31) and play the game while working on before/after game cards.
- Granny Grammar: Help your students increase their sentence complexity. Give each student a grammar granny (page 33). Granny has different parts of speech written on different parts of her face. Students should develop a sentence. Then look to see which elements they have included. They should color in those parts on the granny in the sentence strip (page 34.) Encourage students to add complexity to their sentences.
- Future Tense Writing: Have your student develop a sentence writing and drawing what he/she would eat if they were the granny.
- A blank game board is also included for use with any other game or learning cards.
Includes every activity included in the print version. Can be opened in any PDF viewer. Adobe acrobat on the computer, iBooks on iPad, or PDF reader on an interactive whiteboard.
For help, please email me email@example.com.