Love the Old Lady books but don’t have time to prep accompanying activities? Look no further than the There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves Printables Pack. This pack targets a variety of literacy, language and listening skills. Simply, print the black and white pages, and you’re ready to go! Activities include:
1. Sequencing- Cut and paste pictures in story order
2. Comprehension- Circle the items the Old Lady swallowed in the book
3. Retelling- Cut out a cut Old Lady spinning wheel and retell the story, as you spin each item into the Old Lady’s mouth
4. Functions & Attributes- Find items in the book matching the given function or attribute and color.
5. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme
6. Following Directions- Listen to one-step, conditional, sequential and directional directions to perform the tasks
7. Non-Fiction Comprehension- Read, or listen to, a short passage about scarecrows and answer questions (RL 4.3)
You will love this print & go packet! So many targets can be covered simply by printing the pack!
Please note: You must purchase the book, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro, separately.