There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow Retelling Pack is intended to be used after reading the book by Lucille Colandro and Jared Lee. What's Included:
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story. Place in writing center, pocket chart, or back with magnetic tape and use on magnetic board/cookie sheet. I have my students pick a card, write it down and draw a picture to illustrate the word.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• Old Lady Puppet: Pieces to use with a puppet. Use the old lady head and a paper bag or large Ziploc bag to make a puppet if you do not have one.
• Individual Puppet Pieces: Students color (optional) and cut apart the puppet retelling pieces. Staple or glue the old lady head to a small lunch bag or a Ziploc baggie. Retell the story in the order the old lady swallowed the pieces. Students find and place those pieces in their bags.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue picture in order of the things the old lady swallowed in the story.
• There Was an Old Lady Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer.
• There Was an Old Lady Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
to be notified when new products are posted!
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!