Love the Old Lady books but don’t have time to prep accompanying activities? Look no further than the There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell Printables Pack. This 20-page pack targets a variety of literacy, language and listening skills. Simply, print the black and white pages, and you’re ready to go! Activities include:
1. Sequencing- Cut and paste pictures in story order
2. Comprehension- Circle the items the Old Lady swallowed in the book
3. Retelling- Cut out a cut Old Lady spinning wheel and retell the story, as you spin each item into the Old Lady’s mouth
4. Functions and Attributes- Find items in the book matching the given function or attribute and color.
5. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme
6. Following Directions- Listen to one-step, conditional, sequential and directional directions to perform the tasks
7. Non-Fiction Comprehension- Listen to a short passage about Christmas and answer questions (RL 4.9)
8. EET Companion Sheets- Describe each item in the book, using skills you learned from the Expanding Expression Tool (EET not included)
You will love this print & go packet! So many targets can be covered simply by printing the pack!
Please note: You must purchase the book, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell by Lucille Colandro, separately. In addition, the EET pages are companion sheets only, and do not include copyrighted materials associated with the EET (sold separately).