There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey Flip Book, Mini-Book, and Retelling Sticks are perfect for Kindergarten through 2nd Grade (please check the preview to make sure that the level of difficulty is appropriate for your own class) and is perfect for Thanksgiving!
Lucille Colandro has done it again with There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey! Your students will enjoy constructing a flip book, creating a mini-book (there is a good deal of tracing words and creating words in this book), and summarizing The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey with retelling sticks! There are so many early literacy skills embedded in this literature companion! Your students get to have FUN while you secretly cover ELA standards!
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey LITERACY PACK includes:
Flip Book with the following pages:
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover COVER
True or False
My Favorite Part
Writing a Friendly Letter
Sequencing - There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover
I am Grateful for....
This mini-book includes 6 (half-sheets) pages and students trace the first few words of the sentence on each page, but are required to write their own words on each page. Black and white pictures are provided for students to use as illustrations for this mini-book (if desired).
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey RETELLING STICKS:
There are 9 labeled sticks with pictures in black and white (if students want to color them) as well as the SAME 9 sticks in full color.
There are answer keys where appropriate (three of the flip book pages have an answer key that comes at the end of the flip book pages). Thank you for checking out this literature companion for There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey!
WAIT! This literature companion is also part of a MONEY-SAVING bundle! Check it out here:
THERE WAS AN OLD LADY BUNDLE
Other Old Lady Swallowed Literature Companions:
THERE WAS AN OLD LADY WHO SWALLOWED A BELL
THERE WAS A COLD LADY WHO SWALLOWED SOME SNOW
THERE WAS AN OLD LADY WHO SWALLOWED A ROSE
THERE WAS AN OLD LADY WHO SWALLOWED A CLOVER
THERE WAS AN OLD LADY WHO SWALLOWED A TURKEY
Are you interested in additional Literature Units or Holidays products?
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher.
She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology
from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling
from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.