There Was an Old Mummy Who Swallowed a Spider by Jennifer Ward is a fun book that tells the story of a mummy who swallows various Halloween items, in the fashion of the Old Woman Who Swallowed the Fly. This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. The Mummy's Book Walk- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Compare/Contrast- Tell how items are the same and different
6. Printables- Two printable, black & white activities for students
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: The book is not included with this unit and must be purchased separately.