The old lady is back...as a pirate! Love the Old Lady books but don’t have time to prep accompanying activities? Look no further than the There Was an Old Pirate Who Swallowed a Map Printables Pack. This pack targets a variety of literacy, language and listening skills. Simply, print the black and white pages, and you’re ready to go! Activities include:
1. Sequencing- Cut and paste pictures in story order.
2. Comprehension- Circle the items the Old Pirate swallowed in the book.
3. Retelling- Cut out the Old Pirate spinning wheel and retell the story, as you spin each item into the Old Pirate’s mouth.
4. Functions and Attributes- Find items in the book matching the given function or attribute and color.
5. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme.
6. Following Directions- Listen to one-step, conditional, sequential and directional directions to perform the tasks.
7. Non-Fiction Comprehension- Listen to or read the non-fiction passages in the back of the book, and answer the questions.
8. Describing Sheets- Fill in the graphic organizer to describe the item. (Describe using function, category, attributes, and more!)
You will love this print and go packet! So many targets can be covered simply by printing the pack!
Please note: You must purchase the book, There Was an Old Pirate Who Swallowed a Map by Lucille Colandro, separately.