This file includes four activities for the short story "There Will Come Soft Rains" by Ray Bradbury. These activities will provide an anticipatory set, assess comprehension, evaluate understanding (and application to real life), and study grammar in context.
Included in this short story packet for "There Will Come Soft Rains":
* A complete lesson plan to walk the teacher through the process.
* The anticipatory questions along with nonfiction reading and video sources to help students connect the story to their lives.
* A pre-reading and reading chart. The first part draws on their prior knowledge; the second part is for note taking during reading.
* A reading quiz - ten questions. The quiz has 10 multiple questions (each one has three possible answers) focusing on comprehension. Answer key included.
* A mentor sentence activity. This covers ten sentences from the story with portions underlined. Students will decide if the underlined portions are phrases or clauses, and what types. Higher-level thinking questions provided. Answer key included.
* A list of literary devices and their examples from the story.
These activities are pictured in the thumbnail.
Suggestions for teaching "There Will Come Soft Rains" are outlined in a 3-page lesson plan. This takes me a full two days to teach.
Other short story guides in my store:
The Monkey's Paw