Also included in
- Your students are excited for Easter, BUT how can you take time away from the busy learning schedule to celebrate? Here's a set of resources for the special education setting that combines both engagement and skills! This bundle of hands-on resources will keep the learning going throughout Easter an$11.20$15.50Save $4.30
- Imagine incorporating sensory play into your curriculum! Sensory Bin Stories are based on favorite read aloud books and characters with tasks for literacy and math. You can meet your students' sensory needs and offer opportunities to play while still staying aligned with whatever curriculum your s$54.00$108.00Save $54.00
Are you looking for new ways to incorporate hands-on sensory play in your classroom? Imagine adding sensory bin activities to the hilarious read aloud There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick! by Lucille Colandro.
Sensory Bin Stories are based on favorite read aloud books and characters with tasks for literacy and math. You can meet your students' sensory needs and offer opportunities to play while still staying aligned with whatever curriculum your school follows!
This Sensory Bin Story features the humorous book There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick! by Lucille Colandro.
LITERACY tasks include:
- Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Cards
- Sight words from the read aloud book (15 cards)
- Vocabulary from the read aloud book (15 cards)
- Mentor Sentences - 2 formats (one model sentence card and individual word cards to build the sentence)
MATH tasks include:
- Numeral Cards (1-15, 2 formats)
- Counting Cards (visual representation, 1-15)
- Number Bond Cards (15 cards, includes missing part or missing whole)
- Sorting by Size Mat (using sensory bin materials)
- Sorting by Syllables (using story vocabulary cards)
- Instructions (supply lists, set-up tips)
- Character Cut-Outs
- Extra Rhyming Cards from the book!
The printable materials are organized and presented for easy prep!
Please Note: the sensory bin material suggestions are based on common items you may have already in your classroom. This download features printable pages and not the actual sensory bin items.
Download the preview for a closer look!
Thank you for stopping by!
Copyright © Positively Learning. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip-art and font credits.