Book Companion for the super cute book "There's a Lion in my Cornflakes" by Michelle Robinson.
"Have you ever collected coupons from a cereal box? Maybe you were saving them up for a book or a toy. Well, when Dan and his brother decide to collect 100 coupons so that they can have their very own lion, they assume the task will be easy enough. How wrong can you be?! A wildly wacky story where anything can happen, There's a Lion in My Cornflakes brings together bestselling author Michelle Robinson and award-winning illustrator Jim Field for the very first time, with hilarious results."
This activity bundle is great for all ages. There are vocabulary cards, open-ended games, sorting, and guessing games for preschool, as well as a story retell map, wh-questions, verb practice, and a writing activity, for your older kiddos!
This book companion contains:
- 15 Book Vocabulary Cards: lion, bear, crocodile, cereal, cereal box, milk, bathtub, coupons, letter, car, can, gorilla, tiger
- 24 Wh-Questions
- Story Retell Map: title, author, characters, setting, problem, events, solution
- Writing Activity: Write a summary of the story and tell what you think will happen next!
- 20 Animal Action Cards
- Animal Action Sentence Starters: Work on past, present, and future tense verbs!
- 24 Animal Cards and Clues: I live in a zoo. I have black and white stripes and I look like a horse. What am I? Guess the clue and get an animal to put in your cereal box! The one with the most animals wins!
- Sort the Animals: Animal Categories with Sorting Scenes (ocean, jungle, farm, forest)
- Where is the Lion? Preposition Cards: use the visual scenes and animal cards to work on receptive prepositions. Use the preposition cards to work on expressive!
- 3D Mini Crunchy Flake Box: Print out a box for each student using card stock. Fold the boxes to make them 3D. Use the while telling the story or when playing the FREE LION GAME
- FREE LION Game: The one with the most “FREE Lion” cards wins! Watch out for the pesky bears, alligators, and crocodiles!