This packet is ideal for those weeks between Thanksgiving and Winter Break. An elf will come to your classroom (provided in this packet), the children will name it, and it will watch over the class. Will the elf be proud of your class' behavior? Will he have a good report for Santa? The children will find their elf motivating and full of fun.
The following activities are provided:
1. The Classroom Elf: easily constructed by the teacher to make
learning and following the rules fun.
2. Elf Classroom Rules: Mini posters to hang up to add a fresh look
to your room for this time of the year.
3. Elf Love Notes: rewards for great learning
4. Letters From Santa: a strip book for matching upper and
5.Sounds of Magic: Mats to build knowledge of beginning and
6. What Did the Elf Find On the Shelf?: rhyming cards for your
7. A Set of Elf Foldables: students will flip over these cut and paste
8. Sight Word Magic: A great game for your pocket chart
9. Sentence Building Christmas Magic with Matching Writing
10. Riddle Cards Left by the Elf: CVC blending work
In addition, this packet works well for primary Special Education students or can serve as intervention work for older students still struggling with Foundational Skills.
It has been carefully aligned to the Common Core and students are provided with opportunities to work with a partner.
There is a matching packet for Mathematics or this can be purchased as a bundle with both math and literacy activities!