This is Part 2 of my Elf In Our Room series. The focus of this packet is on common core standards related to mathematics. Your class elf is bound to make school more exciting when students participate in the following fun:
1.Counting Up the Elves: pocket chart activities with numbers through
2. Elf Cut and Paste: Students have to order numbers with a cut and
paste activity that could also serve as an assessment
3. One More Merry Elf: Practice with the concept of "one more
4. The Elves Have Been Framed! Activities to build subitizing skills
using frames, numerals, and tallies.
5. Counting By 2's In My Elf Shoes: Skip counting fun
6. Jingle Bracelet: A big favorite in my room that has students
patterning in groups of twos, making a bracelet, and using a
strip book that allows for number writing practice. It even helps
to build literacy!
7. Twice the Magic: Students count pairs of elf shoes
8. Positional Word Wall Words: Challenging words for ELL's that
can be made into a mobile to practice important academic
9. Help! Where Is the Elf: An emergent cut and paste reader that
provides practice with positional words and builds concepts of
print. This is perfect for your English Language Learners and provides important academic vocabulary.
This packet has been carefully aligned to the Common Core.
Buy the literacy packet too so you have a complete set of literacy and math activities to make your weeks ahead full of happy learning. These are being offered individually or as a bundle! The bundle is one mega file with all the activities in one. What works best for you?