This crossword puzzle is based on THERE'S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK. Every clue is related to an event, character, or detail in or about the book. Challenges students' reading-for-detail skills in a fun way and a great review for objective tests!
* Most of Maisie's matches (forfeits)
* Bernadette’s shelter from the storm (mailbox)
* ___ ’N Jaws (Paws)
* Her Supreme ___ (Lipness)
* Mat maid (Lampley)
Here are my unique products over THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK! Perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK—Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips--and no more dog-eared pages!
• THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are merged into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK: Fill-In Puzzle, 20 clues—Fun! Students enter common words, in this case proper nouns, from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. This puzzle is not as challenging as the 45-word puzzle, but it’s still a lot of fun!
• THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—Unique! Clues are details from the story. A great way to assess students’ reading-for-detail skills and a fun review for objective tests!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!