The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
Middle school editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS:
* Across Five Aprils
* Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
* Anne Frank Remembered
* As I Lay Dying
* The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
* The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
* Ender’s Game
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* The Glory Field
* Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!
* The Hunger Games
* Johnny Tremain
* The Light in the Forest
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* My Side of the Mountain
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders—FREE!
* The Pearl
* The Pigman
* Romeo and Juliet
* The Summer of the Swans
* The Slave Dancer
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* The Witch of Blackbird Pond
* Walk Two Moons
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Here are my unique products over THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK! Perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK—Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips--and no more dog-eared pages!
• THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are merged into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK: Fill-In Puzzle, 20 clues—Fun! Students enter common words, in this case proper nouns, from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. This puzzle is not as challenging as the 45-word puzzle, but it’s still a lot of fun!
• THERE’S A GIRL IN MY HAMMERLOCK: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—Unique! Clues are details from the story. A great way to assess students’ reading-for-detail skills and a fun review for objective tests!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!