About this Product
• This product includes reading passages with text-based evidence comprehension questions.
• Comprehension questions probe lower, mid and higher order thinking.
• Reading passages align with my interactive notebook chapters.
• Reading passages can be used for close reading, one-on-one intervention, homework or sub work.
• Reading passages can be used as a "prelab" so to introduce students to the topic(s) of a SNAPs lab.
• Answer key included.
• Download FREE Reading Passages to learn more about my reading passages
• Save 45% with the Physical Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
Passage #1: Thermal Energy
Passage #2: Generating Heat
Passage #3: Conduction & Conductors
Passage #4: Heat Transfer
Passage #5: Convection Currents
Passage #6: Radiation Heating
Passage #7: Temperature
Passage #8: Temperature Scales
Passage #9: Phase Change
Passage #10: Heating & Cooling
Passage #11: Studying Temperature Change
Passage #12: Specific Heat
Purchasing Individual Passages
Reading passages are sold a la carte at $2.00 per passage. You can find individual passages by clicking on the hyperlinks above. If you plan to purchase more than half of the reading passages from this resource, it is more economical to purchase the entire unit of passages rather than passages individually.
A colored shape code is denoted to help you differentiate concepts:
• Reading passages with a green circle cover basic ideas and understandings.
• Reading passages with a blue square cover intermediate ideas and understandings.
• Reading passages with a black diamond cover advanced ideas and understandings.
This resource satisfies NGSS 4-PS3-2, 5-PS1-2, MS-PS1-4, MS-PS3-3, MS-PS3-4 and MS-PS3-5.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).