Thermal Energy and Particle Motion - Energy Affects Matter
Also included in
- This science bundle covers the Middle School Science DCI Matter and Its Interactions. Students will learn all the particles and molecules that form matter and how heat energy and chemical reactions affect matter. This resource has amazing labs that students will love! Save 20% by purchasing these itPrice $38.80Original Price $48.50Save $9.70
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 6th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses a Utah SEEd standard for 6th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 6th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources who reallPrice $95.80Original Price $119.75Save $23.95
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources wPrice $106.20Original Price $132.75Save $26.55
- This Middle School Science Curriculum Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. All the NGSS standards for Middle School Science are addressed in this bundle. Save 20% byPrice $340.04Original Price $425.05Save $85.01
- This is a bundle for 7th Grade: NGSS Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 7th grade in California and other states using the NGSS Integrated Model. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these science resources. If your state uses the integrated model, you nePrice $99.80Original Price $124.75Save $24.95
- This is a bundle of resources on Physical Science for Middle School. Perfect for 8th Grade Science. Purchase together here and save 20% This resource is designed to meet ALL the NGSS standards for Physical Science for Middle School. Students will be engaged in learning about all the physical sciencPrice $105.60Original Price $132.00Save $26.40
- This bundle is for the Utah SEEd 6.2 Strand and covers all four standards. This resource includes molecules and atoms, thermal energy and particle motion, States of Matter and Density, and Building a Thermos. This resource includes four units that cover Utah SEEd 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3, and 6.2.4. PurcPrice $20.20Original Price $25.25Save $5.05
- Do you teach 6th-grade science in South Carolina? This bundle is a year-long set for 6th grade South Carolina based on the South Carolina College and Career Readiness standards. My resources include phenomena, Science and Engineering Practices, and Crosscutting Concepts. Students will love the variePrice $97.20Original Price $121.50Save $24.30
- This is a custom bundle for the Arizona Science Standards for 6th Grade. This resource covers all the standards for Arizona Science 6th Grade. Arizona has a specific set of standards that align with the resources I have included. Each standard is addressed by one or more resources. Based on the ArizPrice $78.00Original Price $97.50Save $19.50
Thermal Energy and Particle Motion is a complete unit to cover NGSS MS PS1-4. Students will learn about the kinetic theory of matter, particle motion, and heat transfer. Students will love this engaging and comprehensive unit on thermal theory and changes to particle motion. This is a huge unit with two slide shows, over 90 pages and slides and four labs!
- two informative slideshows
- strategic notetaking guide
- four hands-on labs
- response pages
- an assessment
- answer keys
Students will love this engaging and comprehensive unit on kinetic theory and particle motion.
This comprehensive unit covers the following standards:
NGSS MS PS1-4 Develop a model that predicts and describes changes in particle motion, temperature, and state of a pure substance when thermal energy is added or removed. [Clarification Statement: Emphasis is on qualitative molecular-level models of solids, liquids, and gases to show that adding or removing thermal energy increases or decreases the kinetic energy of the particles until a change of state occurs. Examples of models could include drawings and diagrams. Examples of particles could include molecules or inert atoms. Examples of pure substances could include water, carbon dioxide, and helium.]
Utah SEEd 6.2.2 Develop a model to predict the of heat energy on states of matter and density. Emphasize the arrangement of particles in states of matter (solid, liquid, or gas) and during phase changes (melting, freezing, condensing, and evaporating). (PS1.A, PS3.A)
Utah SEEd 6.2.3
Plan and carry out an investigation to determine the relationship between temperature, the amount of heat transferred, and the change of average particle motion in various types or amounts of . Emphasize recording and evaluating data, and communicating the results of the investigation. (PS3.A)
Utah SEEd 8.1.5 Develop a model that uses computational thinking to illustrate the relationships in particle motion, temperature, density, and state of a pure substance when heat energy is added or removed. Emphasize molecular-level models of solids, liquids, and gases to show how adding or removing heat energy can result in phase changes and on calculating density of a substance’s state. (PS3.A)
NJSLS MS-PS1-4 Develop a model that predicts and describes changes in particle motion, temperature, and state of a pure substance when thermal energy is added or removed.
Save money by purchasing as part of this bundle: Matter and Its Interactions
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
This resource is created by Lynda R. Williams.
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at
Please see other resources for middle school science: