Also included in
- This is a bundle of two units: Thermal Energy and Particle Movement and Heat Transfer. They are both aligned with NGSS MS PS1-4 and Utah SEEd 6.2.2 and 6.2.3. These units contain hands-on labs, slide shows, lab pages, reading passages, interactive notebook flaps, response pages, and assessments. Sav$13.00$16.25Save $3.25
- Middle School Science Bundle for Matter and Its Interactions. This bundle covers NGSS MS PS1-1, NGSS MS PS1-2, NGSS MS PS1-3, NGSS MS PS1-4, and NGSS MS PS1-5. Students will learn all the particles and molecules that form matter and how heat energy and chemical reactions affect matter. Save 20% by p$29.20$36.50Save $7.30
- Utah SEEd 6.2 Strand, Physical Science: Students will learn about heat transfer, chemical reactions, particle motion, and density in this physical science bundle. This resource covers all of the 6.2 standards for Utah SEEd. Purchase here and save 20% on the individual resources.Included in this bun$45.92$57.40Save $11.48
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 6th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 6th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 6th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$97.68$122.10Save $24.42
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$99.08$123.85Save $24.77
Thermal Energy and Particle Motion is a complete unit to cover NGSS MS PS1-4. Students will learn about the kinetic theory of matter, particle motion, transitions, and phase changes. Students will love the engaging labs on thermal energy!
- two informative slideshows
- strategic notetaking guide
- four hands-on labs
- response pages
- an assessment
- answer keys
Students will love this engaging and comprehensive unit on kinetic theory and particle motion.
This comprehensive unit covers the following standards:
NGSS MS PS1-4 Develop a model that predicts and describes changes in particle motion, temperature, and state of a pure substance when thermal energy is added or removed. [Clarification Statement: Emphasis is on qualitative molecular-level models of solids, liquids, and gases to show that adding or removing thermal energy increases or decreases the kinetic energy of the particles until a change of state occurs. Examples of models could include drawings and diagrams. Examples of particles could include molecules or inert atoms. Examples of pure substances could include water, carbon dioxide, and helium.]
Utah SEEd 6.2.2 Develop a model to predict the of heat energy on states of matter and density. Emphasize the arrangement of particles in states of matter (solid, liquid, or gas) and during phase changes (melting, freezing, condensing, and evaporating). (PS1.A, PS3.A)
Utah SEEd 6.2.3
Plan and carry out an investigation to determine the relationship between temperature, the amount of heat transferred, and the change of average particle motion in various types or amounts of . Emphasize recording and evaluating data, and communicating the results of the investigation. (PS3.A)
Utah SEEd 8.1.5 Develop a model that uses computational thinking to illustrate the relationships in particle motion, temperature, density, and state of a pure substance when heat energy is added or removed. Emphasize molecular-level models of solids, liquids, and gases to show how adding or removing heat energy can result in phase changes and on calculating density of a substance’s state. (PS3.A)
NJSLS MS-PS1-4 Develop a model that predicts and describes changes in particle motion, temperature, and state of a pure substance when thermal energy is added or removed.
Save money by purchasing as part of this bundle: Matter and Its Interactions
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
This resource is created by Lynda R. Williams.
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at
Please see other resources for middle school science: