Teach your second grade students how to use a Thesaurus to strengthen their writing using this Thesaurus Lesson and Activities product. Includes Activities, Lesson Plans, Student Thesaurus, Handout (Helping Guide), Guided Practice Pages, Independent Practice Activity, and Answer Keys from The Resourceful Teacher.
Bundle Includes 2 Complete Lessons with:
- Lesson Plans
- Student Thesaurus
- Handout (Helping Guide)
- Answer Keys
- Teacher Instructions
This product is part of my Informative Writing Unit using Step up to Writing.
Common Core Aligned!
- Students will be able to explain how and when to use a thesaurus.
- Students will be able to use a thesaurus to find more precise wording and vocabulary when writing.
- Students will be able to check and fix mistakes.
Use the Helping Guide to teach the lesson. Give students the opportunity to practice by completing the "Let's Practice" section at the bottom of each page with them. Assess their understanding of the concept by having them complete the independent practice activities.
Written for 2nd grade, but can be used with 3rd grade students. Can also be used for reteaching / reengaging and extra practice.
Download the preview to check it out!
DON'T MISS THESE FREEBIES!
- Step up to Writing Poster
- Context Clues Anchor Chart
- Context Clues Graphic Organizer
- Speeding Tickets
- Using Commas Center
- Sentence Types Interactive Notebook
- Teacher Binder Calendars
OTHER GREAT PRODUCTS:
- Writing a Paragraph using Step up to Writing
- Nouns Bundle
- Bridal Shower Activities for Students
- Classroom Jobs Lanyard Tags
- Fully Editable Teacher Binder with Updates - Polka Dots and Chevron Theme
- Physical and Chemical Weathering Demonstration and Science Experiment
- Reading Rubrics / Reading Evaluations Bundle
- Spelling Test Paper (25 words)
- Step up to Writing ELA Bundle
- Step up to Writing Resources
- Step up to Writing - Writing a Personal Narrative - ELA Bundle
- Student Observation Checklist 1 - Teacher or Administrator
- Tale of Despereaux Unit - ELA Reading Comprehension , Vocab, and more!
ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF FOR MY FOLLOWERS!
Look for and click the ★ GREEN STAR ★
next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time I debut a new product or FREEBIE!
If you would like to get updates on new and current resources...
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Tweet me on TWITTER
- Collaborate with me on PINTEREST
Have you ever thought of selling your own products on Teachers Pay Teachers?
to sign-up and start making money!
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
English Language Arts, Grammar, Writing, 2nd, 3rd, Worksheets, Lesson Plans, Student Activities, Writing Activities, Informative Writing, Expository Writing, Worksheets, Practice Pages, Domain-Specific Vocabulary