showing 1-5 of 14 products
- Bundle Description
This new and improved bundle contains everything you will need to teach Chinua Achebe's novel, Things Fall Apart in AP English Literature and other advanced literature courses. The bundle contains the following:
- 10 PowerPoint presentations of introductory and chapter guided reading notes
- 1 answer key for discussion questions, aligned with Guided Reading Notes
- 1 poem study slideshow guiding students through W. B. Yeats' "The Second Coming"
- 2 novel quizzes + keys
- 1 timed writing prompt & holistic rubric
- 1 unit test + answer key
- 1 Literary Criticism paper and rubric
- Pronunciation guide for characters and places
- Recommended unit plan and written reflection prompts for homework
- 9 AP Lit skill-based minilessons, aligned with chapter notes, including:
This unit is aligned with standards from the AP Lit CED for Long Fiction Unit III. The following skills are instructed and assessed:
- CHR 1.B – Explain the function of a character remaining unchanged
- CHR 1.E – Explain how a character’s own choices, actions, and speech reveal complexities in that character, and explain the function of those complexities
- STR 3.E – Explain the function of a significant event or related set of significant events in a plot.
- STR 3.F – Explain the function of a conflict in a text.
- NAR 4.C – Identify and describe details, diction, or syntax in a text that reveal a narrator’s or speaker’s perspective.
- LAN 7.B – Develop a thesis statement that conveys a defensible claim about an interpretation of literature and that may establish a line of reasoning.
- LAN 7.C – Develop commentary that establishes and explains relationships among textual evidence, the line of reasoning, and the thesis.
- LAN 7.D – Select and use relevant and sufficient evidence to both develop and support a line of reasoning.
The slideshow notes, quizzes, and test are in PowerPoint and Word form so you can make edits. Most other resources are in PDF form. The files are clear and colorful, as well as thought-provoking and ready to use.
This resource is included in my AP Lit Full Course Bundle!