By: Teacher-Author Kerry Tracy and Video Expert Adam Reichardt
When: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 from 1:00-2:00 pm
This session is for sellers who want to understand how to harness the power of video to grow their business. You’ll get actionable tips to create a plan so you can get started getting noticed!
PDF editable, printing is optional. A link is provided for access in Google Slides.
Kerry has been a TpT Teacher-Author since 2012. In the past year, she has created 60 videos and credits video with changing the course of her business.
In this session, she will share what she’s learned about creating videos, what’s worked for her, and what she’d do differently if she were starting today, so you can avoid making some of the same mistakes!
Adam is an honest-to-goodness video expert! He’ll jump in with pro-tips and help answer your questions.
Who Should Attend?
This session is best for beginners, dabblers, and those who may have already started with video but aren’t sure they’re using it well or where to go next.
What We’ll Talk About:
We’ll focus on three areas: why making videos is worth your time, what kinds of videos to make, and how to make videos that help you achieve your goals.
We’ll address seven common video hang-ups throughout the session as we discuss:
• Creating goals & aligning goals with your video strategy/plan
• Generating content
• 8 types of videos to create
• Essential elements of successful videos
• What do before, during, and after filming
• Cheap/free editing, music, and intro/outro options
• Posting: TpT vs. YouTube
• A start-to-finish demo of Kerry’s video process (including a sample calendar of her weekly tasks, and a demonstration of how she edits in iMovie. Even if you don’t use iMovie, much of the content is largely applicable across platforms).
What we won’t talk (much) about:
• Lighting, Sound, and Camera equipment
Why not?! There is a separate session that covers these topics in Depth (Setting the Stage: Expert Tips for Filming Amazing Video on Tuesday, 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.), so we won’t go into this too deeply, but we will share a quick overview, and there will also be links in the resource guide to help you learn about and make equipment decisions.
What you’ll leave with:
As a session attendee, you’ll leave with:
• A resource guide, including:
• Curated video tutorial playlists for both Mac & PC users (topics: cheap & easy ways to create video, equipment suggestions, lighting, sound, green-screen, software/apps, specific editing tricks, and more.) Kerry watched A LOT of videos to find valuable content, so you won’t have to!
• Actionable tips for creating high-quality videos
• A framework to create your own video action plan to grow your business. (We’ll start on your action plan during the session.)
• Answers to your video questions
• Permission to be scared; inspiration to be bold!