Includes both print and Google classroom versions.
Want to teach a whole unit on job applications?
This is part of the "What I Wish I Learned in School": Job Applications" Unit
Want to teach the whole series on job applications, resumes, job interviews, and following up? Then you'd love the "What I Wish I Learned in School": The Complete Series
Think Like a Boss!
Uh-oh! Peter Parker filled out a job application for Trader Moe's, but he did it all wrong! Students are given a copy of Peter's application and asked to identify the errors and the consequences of those errors. These observations bring up important and interesting discussion points among beginner job hunters.
Helpful tip: crumple up each mock job application and give it to the student, to show students how presentation can count!
- Trader Moe's Job Application filled out by "Peter Parker"
- Think Like a Boss: Job Application Critique Activity Worksheet
- Think Like a Boss: Job Application Critique Activity TEACHER KEY
- Blank Trader Moe's Job Application - as practice or for homework afterwards. (also sold separately here
- Job Application Checklist
- Peer Edit Job Application Checklist (for another extension activity if you wish)
"What I Wish I'd Learned in School"