Includes both print and Google classroom versions.
Think Like a Boss!
Uh-oh! Peter Parker filled out a job application for Trader Moe's, but he did it all wrong! Students are given a copy of Peter's application and asked to identify the errors and the consequences of those errors. These observations bring up important and interesting discussion points among beginner job hunters.
This is part of a larger unit, The Ultimate Job Application Workbook
, which has over 14 job application practice activities.
Helpful tip: crumple up each mock job application and give it to the student, to show students how presentation can count!
INCLUDED IN THIS ACTIVITY:
- Trader Moe's Job Application filled out by "Peter Parker"
- Think Like a Boss: Job Application Critique Activity Worksheet
- Think Like a Boss: Job Application Critique Activity TEACHER KEY
- Blank Trader Moe's Job Application - as practice or for homework afterwards. (also sold separately here
- Job Application Checklist
- Peer Edit Job Application Checklist (for another extension activity if you wish)
****If you like career readiness curriculum, you might also like:****
GENERAL CAREER READINESS
- Networking Exercise (FREEBIE!)
- Jobs and Careers Word Search (FREEBIE!)
- Introduction to Jobs and Careers: Career Readiness Workbook
- How to Read a Job Ad
- Good or Bad Reasons for Leaving a Job
- Career Guest Speaker Prep and Questions
- The Ultimate Job Application Workbook
- Job Application Vocabulary
- Practice Job Application
- Job Application Word Search
- Resume Pre-write
- "What are 3 words to describe yourself?" Job Interview Question Guide (FREEBIE!)
- Surprising and Unique Job Interview Questions
- "Tell Me a Little About Yourself." Job Interview Question Guide
- "What are your strengths?" Job Interview Question Guide
- Why do you want to work here?" Job Interview Question Guide
- "How do you handle stress and pressure?" Job Interview Question Guide
- "How would you deal with an angry customer? Job Interview Question Guide