I have seen this idea floating around for a few years. I am unsure where it originated from- so please email and let me know if you know so I can give credit where credit is due!
This is a weekly math center that my students need to complete. This is set up on my math board.
Steps to setting up the station/ center:
1. Print out in color and laminate
Print off in black and white, color, back in a fun color (if you choose!) and laminate the materials included. I gave each of my students their own class number to color. This way they are more excited about the station and love to see their “artwork” hanging.
*You will only need to print off the numbers for the amount of students in your class. I have 27 students therefore I have 27 numbers.
2. Assign each student in your class a number.
3. Make sure you have post-it notes handy for students to use.
4. Teach students how to write a good word problem. This is what they write on their post-it note each week. (A 1-2 example is provided)
5. Change the sign, “The Answer is” each week. A teacher or student can pick out what you write on it with a dry erase marker.
6. Students will have to make up the word problem and stick their answer on their class number. Each day I choose to share some of the post-it notes that have been completed.