This is product will take your students through a series of activities relating to nouns. This 4 day long independent activity provides an engaging atmosphere for students and allows teachers to pull small groups which can be used in conjunction with learning stations/centers.
Students will: Read “Sick” by Shel Silverstein-hyperlinked
Recall: *Remember* a noun is a person, place, thing, or idea.
1. Highlight all of the nouns in the poem, Sick.
2. Draw your mental image with color and DETAIL.
Is your picture a Level 4 effort?
If NOT add to it and make it a level 4!!!!
3. Cut and paste the pictures under person, place, thing, or animal.
4. Come up with a noun for each letter of the alphabet.
Create: 1. Finish all of the Recall items before you start this part.
2. Create a Dictionary/BOOK of nouns using the nouns you made
for each letter of the alphabet.
3. Give your dictionary a title, write the author’s name.
4. For each letter of the alphabet you need to have a picture drawn
of the noun and a sentence with at least 7 words to go with it.
Don’t forget to capitalize the beginning letter of each
sentence and use punctuation.
Extend: Create a game
1. Put the game board together and decorate it.
2. Fill out the “My Game” sheet.
Have your partner read the directions.
If they don’t understand you need to
revise your directions and REWRITE!!!
3. Play the game with your partner.