I'm so excited to share with you my take on 8 Thinkboards in the classroom. I love using Thinkboards in Maths to help my students gain a deeper understanding of concepts including problem solving, decimals and fractions, multiplication and division, time, 2D shapes and 3D objects and place value. This resource incorporates all of these concepts for you to use in the classroom for whole-class instruction and guided instruction in rotations/math centers. I've included 8 main Thinkboards both with a basic design and a chevron design.
How I use:
- I laminate my Thinkboards to be reused for years to come
- I put a Thinkboard up on my Smart Board to model how to use them with students
- I follow Polya's Problem Solving keys with the 'See, Plan, Do, Check' Thinkboard
- I keep my Thinkboards in my Math Resource box and sometimes in student desks depending on how our Math lessons are organised
- Students use their highlighters or my whiteboard markers on the Thinkboards
- I've included a range of Thinkboards for you to adapt this resource for several year levels
I hope you find this resource as helpful and engaging as I do in my classroom. Please let me know how you go with a review - any feedback would be wonderful!