This unit includes five center activities to add to your enjoyment of those crisp fall days.
- Fall into Rounding - A rounding board game. Students work in pairs to practice rounding to the 10's, 100's, and even 1,000's.
- Flip It! - Rounding with number lines. Students practice rounding to both the 10's and the 100's. Very easy to differentiate, and it's great for visual learners.
- Match It! - Addition and subtraction practice within 1,000. Students work to solve all the addition and subtraction equations on the acorn cards. They must find the matching solutions on the pumpkin cards! Includes a gridded response sheet to help students organize their work.
- Match It! Story Problems - This center is similar to Match It above, but it's geared for those students who have mastered rounding. Each card contains a fall-themed story problem. Students must estimate the sum or difference and find the matching card. Includes a gridded response sheet to help students organize their work.
- Sub &Sort - Subtraction with and without regrouping. Students work to create a fall-themed flip book as they enrich their subtraction skills. Two different sorts are available for multiple use.
This unit addresses the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- 3.NBT.1 - Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
- 3.NBT.2 - Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
Each of these centers is also available to purchase separately from my TPT store.
Sub & Sort: Subtraction with Regrouping
Fall into Rounding: Rounding to the Nearest 10's, 100's and 1,000's
Match It! - Addition & Subtraction up to 1,000
Flip It! Rounding with Number Lines
Match It! Story Problems with Estimated Sums & Differences
Thanks as always for your support and helpful feedback!