This resource includes activities that match Ohio's Learning Standards for Third Grade Geography. There are activities for each standard.
It includes lessons for the following standards:
4. Physical and political maps have distinctive characteristics and purposes. Places can be located on a map by using the title, key, alphanumeric grid and cardinal directions. (4 activities)
5. Daily life is organized by the agriculture, industry and natural resources in different communities. (2 activities)
6. Evidence of human modification of the environment can be observed in the local community. (2 activities)
7. Systems of transportation and communication move people, products and ideas from place to place. (2 activities)
8. Communities may include diverse cultural groups. (2 activities)
The Following Activities are Included:
*What do kids already know about different cultures?
•Learning about other Cultures
•Researching Cities Resources
•Researching Your Communities Resources
•Introducing How Humans Modify the Environment
•Building a Mall Activity
•Introducing Physical and Political Maps
•Identifying Political and Physical Maps
•Reading a Map with an Alphanumeric Grid
*Creating a Map
•Discussing Types of Transportation
•Researching Transportation and Communication in the Local Community
•Political and Physical Map Sort
•Map Skills Vocabulary Sort
•Labeling a Map Activity
•Geography Vocabulary Matching
The lessons in this pack focus on discussion, research, and some modeling for students to learn the skills above.
This is part of my Third Grade Social Studies Bundle!
The Resources Below are Included in the Bundle:
History Lessons for Third Grade
Government Lessons for Third Grade
Economic Lessons for Third Grade
Assessments for Third Grade Social Studies
Social Studies Vocabulary Assessments