Also included in
- Use these EDITABLE choice boards and NO PREP printables to get your homework practices on autopilot! This YEAR LONG BUNDLE gives you everything you need to create a choice-based homework system TODAY. Use the items as is, or make changes to suit the needs of your students, revising the choices on th$65.00$95.00Save $30.00
Third grade homework for the entire month of December is DONE in minutes with this editable homework choice board and 40+ NO PREP printables. The December 3rd Grade Homework Menu Pack contains differentiated work that fosters choice and builds upon students' strengths. Seasonal menu choices include winter break, Santa, reindeer, elf and Christmas options.
Included with this pack you will find:
- Homework Overview – In Katie’s Humble Opinion
- Homework Research – two links to articles that synthesize the research on homework
- FAQs about using homework menus in the classroom
- Getting Everything Ready
- Homework Menu Overview – handout for students and parents
- December Homework Menu PDF version
Four types of homework trackers for students, whether you want to assign homework daily or weekly.
- Homework bookmark (this is what I use for 99% of students
- Homework tracker (this is the same as the bookmark, but is a whole page rather than a half page)
- Daily homework tracker (A whole page for students who need to turn in homework daily instead of weekly)
- Daily homework bookmark (A half page for students who need to turn in homework daily instead of weekly)
A variety of printables you can use in your classroom and as part of homework for the month of December:
- Letter writing paper (2 versions in color + black and white)
- Math Challenge: Darci’s Donations
- Math Challenge: Holiday Gifts
- Math Challenge: Road Trip
- Math Brainteaser: Reindeer Stalls
- Math Brainteaser: GIFT Logic Puzzle
- Math Brainteaser: SLEIGH Logic Puzzle
- Reading Fact Sheet
- Research Contract
- Book Overview
- Making Words (4 versions: Winter Break, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, ‘Tis the Season)
- Holiday Tree Dot Game
- Santa Knock Out Game
- Learning Styles Activities
- Venn Diagram
- Book Timeline
- Sequence Summary
- Recipe Page Exemplar
- Things That Come in Groups
- Multiplication Matrix
- Top Ten List Exemplar
- Knowledge Bowl
- Friendly Letter Parts Check Sheet
- Subtraction Drill #1
- Subtraction Drill #2
- Elf Equations #1 (easier)
- Elf Equations #2 (more difficult)
- Santa’s Flight Path (4 versions) Includes 2 US maps (states labeled and unlabeled)
- Compliments (color + black and white versions)
- Home Reading Log & ideas for possible responses (2 pages)
- Writing Prompt: December Memory (narrative)
- Writing Prompt: December Tradition (opinion)
- Writing Prompt: December How To (informative/explanatory)
- Mrs. Smith’s Holiday Fun
- Unfinished Art (7 picture choices – winter and holiday themes)
Homework Links you can use to find additional (free) printables and online activities
These editable documents are also included in the product folder:
- Homework Menu Overview handout (in editable PowerPoint) for students and parents (This is great to have available for parents and students as a reminder throughout the year.)
- Homework Menu (in editable PowerPoint)
- Excel document to keep track of homework grading
When you download this product you will get a Zip folder with three documents:
1 PDF + 1 editable PowerPoint + 1 Excel spreadsheet
I hope you find these useful in your classroom! Please contact me with any questions or suggestions. I would love, love, love your feedback!
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you would like to save over 35% and TONS of time, buy in a BUNDLE! A YEAR of Third Grade Homework includes EVERY homework pack in the store PLUS EXTRAS not available in the regular packs.
Want to see more before purchasing? If so, check out my
If you like this product, you might also like my other monthly homework packs.
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!