Thank you for your interest in my 3rd Grade Interactive Journal Pages, based on the Next Generation Science Standards in conjunction with the Mystery Science video curriculum program! Mystery Science has excellent exploration videos and activities, and the journal pages provide a space and a guide to think critically about science concepts. The pages also serve as an information guide for students to refer back to as they review concepts and standards throughout the year.
These pages will encourage reflective thinking, imagination, sketching with detail, and the learning of scientific vocabulary. Each set of pages includes a title and NGSS standards.
- Pages for each mystery, which will include relevant vocabulary, sketches, and quiz questions
- Exemplars for each page, along with vocabulary definitions, sample sketches, and detailed answers to the journal and quiz questions
Third Grade NGSS Standards Covered:
- 3-LS3-1 – Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence that plants and animals have traits inherited from parents and that variation of these traits exists in a group of similar organisms.
- 3-LS4-1 – Analyze and interpret data from fossils to provide evidence of the organisms and the environments in which they lived long ago.
- 3-LS4-2 – Use evidence to construct an explanation for how the variations in characteristics among individuals of the same species may provide advantages in surviving, finding mates, and reproducing.
- 3-LS4-3 – Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all.
- 3-LS4-4 – Make a claim about the merit of a solution to a problem caused when the environment changes and the types of plants and animals that live there may change.
You can access the Mystery Science curriculum at: https://mysteryscience.com