Thank you for your interest in my 3rd Grade Interactive Journal Pages, based on the Next Generation Science Standards in conjunction with the Mystery Science video curriculum program! Mystery Science has excellent exploration videos and activities, and the journal pages provide a space and a guide to think critically about science concepts. The pages also serve as an information guide for students to refer back to as they review concepts and standards throughout the year.
These pages will encourage reflective thinking, imagination, sketching with detail, and the learning of scientific vocabulary. Each set of pages includes a title and NGSS standards.
**Note: Pages are scaled to fit into spiral notebooks, but Acrobat lets you print the pdf to different scales with ease! To fit the pages into a composition notebook, print at a scale somewhere around 80-85%, depending on the size of your notebook.**
- Pages for Mysteries 1-4, which will include relevant vocabulary, sketches, and the quiz questions accompanying the curriculum
- Exemplars for each page, along with vocabulary definitions, sample sketches, and detailed answers to the journal and quiz questions
Third Grade NGSS Standards Covered:
- 3-LS1-1 - Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
- 3-LS3-1 - Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence that plants and animals have traits inherited from parents and that variation of these traits exists in a group of similar organisms.
- 3-LS3-2 - Use evidence to support the explanation that traits can be influenced by the environment.
- 3-LS4-3 - Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all.
You can access the Mystery Science curriculum at: https://mysteryscience.com
You can access the Third Grade Mystery Science Bundle in its entirety here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Third-Grade-Interactive-Science-Journals-Mystery-Science-Bundle-3864954