Thank you for your interest in my 3rd Grade Interactive Journal Pages, based on the Next Generation Science Standards in conjunction with the Mystery Science video curriculum program! Mystery Science has excellent exploration videos and activities, and the journal pages provide a space and a guide to think critically about science concepts. The pages also serve as an information guide for students to refer back to as they review concepts and standards throughout the year.
These pages will encourage reflective thinking, imagination, sketching with detail, and the learning of scientific vocabulary. Each set of pages includes a title and NGSS standards.
**Note: Pages are scaled to fit into spiral notebooks, but Acrobat lets you print the pdf to different scales with ease! To fit the pages into a composition notebook, print at a scale somewhere around 80-85%, depending on the size of your notebook.**
- Pages for Mysteries 1-4, which will include relevant vocabulary, sketches, and the quiz questions accompanying the curriculum
- Exemplars for each page, along with vocabulary definitions, sample sketches, and detailed answers to the journal and quiz questions
Third Grade NGSS Standards Covered:
- 3-ESS2-1 Represent data in tables and graphical displays to describe typical weather conditions expected during a particular season.
- 3-ESS2-2 Obtain and combine information to describe climates in different regions of the world.
- 3-ESS3-1 Make a claim about the merit of a design solution that reduces the impacts of a weather-related hazard.
- 3-5-ETS1-1 Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
- 3-5-ETS1-2 Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
- 3-5-ETS1-3 Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
You can access the Mystery Science curriculum at: https://mysteryscience.com
You can access the Third Grade Mystery Science Bundle in its entirety here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Third-Grade-Interactive-Science-Journals-Mystery-Science-Bundle-3864954