This resource includes everything you need to teach the third-grade NGSS 3-LS1, 3-LS2, 3-LS3, and 3-LS4 Life Science standards.
What others are saying about our science units:
"Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!"
"This is a great resource and very well organized!"
"Love how well this aligns with NGSS!"
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 - Organisms Have Unique Life Cycles
Lesson 2 - Some Animals Live in Groups
Lesson 3 - What are Inherited Traits?
Lesson 4 - Different Types of Environments for Different Types of Animals
Lesson 5 - Animals Adaptations
Lesson 6 - Plant Adaptations
Lesson 7 - Will This Organism Survive Here?
Lesson 8 - Forest Fires Can Be Beneficial
Lesson 9 - What Do Fossils Tell Us?
✅Please make sure that you have access to YouTube before purchasing this unit.
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- suggested YouTube Videos and Books
- Biologist Poster
- What is an Organism? Poster
* KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
- student worksheets for recording information
*Metamorphosis of a Frog Posters
- Self-Assessment for a group project
- 6 Reading Passages about Animals that Live in Groups
- Task Cards of different groups of animals for students to observe inherited traits from
- Task Cards for "Does this Organism Live Here?" Activity
- Habitat Photographs
* 5 Ecosystems Reading Passages
* 6 Animal Adaptations Reading Passages
* 5 Plant Adaptations Reading Passages
- Fossils Reading and Research Activity
- Fossils Posters
- 27 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions
❤️Click Here to Follow Us!
* Indicates other STEM to STEAM TRIO resources that have been included in this unit.
⭐Third Grade NGSS 3-PS2: Motion and Stability and Forces and Interactions Unit
⭐ Car Engineering Challenge Using Building Bricks
⭐ Data Collection and Graphing for Second and Third Grade
⭐ Family STEM Night All Inclusive Package!
⭐ Family STEM/STEAM Challenges with SAMMIE STEAM!
⭐ Famous People in the Area of STEAM Posters for Elementary Grades
⭐ STEAM Challenges for the Whole Year Money Saving Bundle
⭐ STEM / STEAM Lab Materials Request Letter
⭐ Science Brag Tags
⭐ Shark Lady: The True Story of Eugenie Clark
⭐ The Girl Who Thought in Pictures: The Story of Temple Grandin
⭐ The Doctor with an Eye for an Eye: The Story of Dr. Patricia Bath
⭐ Accountable Talk Posters for the Science Lab
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.