Third Grade Narrative Writing Prompts and Worksheets
Also included in
- Are you looking for 3rd grade writing prompts? You'll love these opinion writing, narrative writing, how to writing, and informational writing worksheets for no prep writing centers and writing lessons.This bundle will ensure that you have writing covered for the whole year! It features 4 resourcesPrice $10.00Original Price $18.00Save $8.00
- Are you about to teach narrative writing? This NO PREP bundle is exactly what you need for fun, engaging, and enjoyable story writing lessons. It features a PowerPoint, worksheets, and crafts.What is included? (Please view previews)An 21 slide PowerPoint. It is a great introduction to Narrative WritPrice $11.19Original Price $19.50Save $8.31
These narrative writing prompts are a must-have for teaching story writing. If you want fun and engaging prompts for writing personal narratives, fictional stories, and recounts, then this is perfect for your 3rd grade writing lessons or writing centers.
This story writing resource has 25 prompts in 5 different worksheet styles, with 5 blank templates. This is no prep, simply print and go!
*NOTE - This activity has the Easel digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
These narrative writing worksheets are common core aligned to the grade 3 writing standard:
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
Establish a situation and organize an event sequence. Use dialogue and descriptions of actions, thoughts, and feelings to develop experiences and events. Use temporal words and phrases to signal event order. Provide a sense of closure.
Note: These worksheets can still be used for fourth graders who are working below their grade level.
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer's Workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded with boxes or steps, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
First, Then, Next, Last with Picture Boxes
- My Camping Trip, My Vacation, My Recess, My Day at the Beach, My Sick Day, Blank Template
3 Pictures Prompt
- Fairy Tale, Space Adventure, Hunt for Treasure, The Thief, The Little Frog, Blank Template
First, Then, Next, Last Writing Boxes
- If I Saw a Shark, If I Turned Into a Robot, If I Had a Pet Dinosaur, If I Were Royalty, If I Met a Troll, Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- The Magic Castle, I Saw a Superhero, My Pirate Adventure, The Day I Turned Into a Mermaid, The Day I Met a Unicorn, Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- My First Day of School, My Summer, My Ouch, My Birthday, My Trip to the Zoo, Blank Template
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)