NUMBER TALKS made EASY!
This common core aligned
third grade number talks resource is a must have
for any teacher wanting high student interaction, mathematical discourse, and engagement
during math time.
Best of all, we have done all the work for you.
This makes implementing number talks into your daily math lesson easy peasy!
If you are able to utilize the digital portion of this program, just display a number talk slide and let the conversations begin.
If you will be using the printable version, print the program out, display a number talk under your document camera and get your students talking.
For those of you unsure about how to do number talks and would like daily lesson plans
, we have written out a lesson plan for each day of the year, making number talks as non-intimidating as possible.
This YEARLONG Number Talks Program
includes 180 days of number talk lessons (many lessons contain more than one number talk slide/page) that are specifically designed for third grade and guaranteed to keep your students highly engaged
in mathematical discourse.
We have thoughtfully created a variety of activities
to keep your students interested and engaged throughout the year. This resource contains 320 number talks slides/pages and 35 different number talk activity types
This program is organized into nine 20 day units
that are based on the Common Core Standards. Each unit addresses different standards and gets progressively more challenging as students develop their mathematical skills.
Additionally, the activities change from month to month so that students remain highly engaged.
Our students have LOVED this daily routine, and math has become a favorite part of their day.
Here's what other teachers are saying!
• "Excellent resource for Number Talks! I love that everything is already put together and there is no extra planning required on my part. It helps me ensure I do them consistently." ~Sara
• "Best item I have bought on TPT. My kids' number sense is growing day by day!" ~Cynthia
• "If you have been wanting to do number talks and don't know where to start, this is the program for you! It is great to use whole group to start math, begin or end your day. Covers all the third grade concepts you would need. My students love, add em up, what's the difference, how many, prove it, and correct or not?. These are just some of the fun activities that are in the program. If you are hesitant - just do it! You won't be sorry." ~ Molly
• This is a great resource! I love the variety you have included. Thanks for saving me from having to create this myself!!!" ~Conner
• "Love the ease and practicality of using this quick and easy way to get the important concept of Number Talks out to the kids. The differentiated skill range is super useful with both low-flyers and high performers." ~Cori
• "I absolutely love these! I didn't know how to get started with number talks but I look forward to it every day and so do my kids, thanks to this resource!"
Number Talks will get your students engaged in mathematical conversations that will increase their ability to reason mathematically as well as develop their computational fluency skills and their ability to think flexibly about numbers.
A few years ago we were asked to implement number talks in our daily math instruction. After engaging our students in a few of these activities, we were hooked. Our challenge then became to create a variety of problem types in order to keep students engaged and excited about number talks. And that is when this number talk program was born.
THIS RESOURCE IS HELPFUL FOR:
-Busy Third Grade Teachers
-Special Education Teachers
-Whole Group Math Instruction
-Small Group Math Instruction
How long do number talks take?
It is best if Number Talks are done daily for between 5 and 15 minutes.
Can these number talks be displayed on an interactive whiteboard?
We have added a fully digital version of our number talks using PowerPoint for your convenience! Just display and go! Number talks made easy!
Do I have to print out number talk materials for each student each day?
NO! This is a whole group activity. Just display the number talk for everyone to see.
Do I need to teach the units in order?
We suggest you teach the number talks in order because they spiral and increase in difficulty.
Where are the daily lesson plans?
Daily lesson plans are in the printable version section. These are GREAT for teachers new to number talks as well as for substitute teachers.
Do you have a FREE sample that I can look at?
Yes! Of course! Click HERE
to try out our number talks for free!
Wishing you joyful engagement and rigor in your primary classroom. Happy Number Talking! Cindy and Becky at Primary Bliss Teaching
You may also like:
Word Problems - Numberless and Numbered within 20
Numberless (and Numbered) Word Problems within 100
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK
on this product to earn TPT credits that can be used on future purchases!
PLEASE FOLLOW US
to receive new product information, sales notices, and FREEBIES!