These bookmarks were created in collaboration with my colleagues to determine the skills that third graders must learn by the end of the year. These double-sided bookmarks contain the "Must-Haves" on one side, and there are several options for the back of the bookmark.
On the front of this bookmark lists the following "Must-Haves" for third grade along with an image to support each skill:
- Write margin to margin
- Capitalize words in titles
- Capitalize proper nouns
- Write in complete sentences
- Apostrophes in contractions
- Commas in greeting and closing of letters
- Period with abbreviations
The options for the back include:
- Option #1: Strategies for spelling, Zaner-Bloser manuscript alphabet + finger space reminder
- Option #2: The writing process + Zaner-Bloser cursive alphabet + strategies for spelling
- Option #3: Zaner-Bloser manuscript alphabet + WOW word list + finger space reminder
- Option #4: Strategies for spelling, 100 most common misspelled words
- Option #5: 100 most common misspelled words
After you choose which option you'd like to use for the back of the bookmark, these bookmarks can be printed on cardstock double-sided and laminated, and can be used as an editing checklist.
Make sure to also download the FREE third grade writing posters
that correspond with these bookmarks!
Please see my store for Writing Bookmarks for other grade levels!