This research report template contains worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ “Regional Colonies” report. Each student gets to choose which region to study (New England, Middle, or Southern). We have provided a title page for each region once your students have chosen which region they’d like to study. The actual report with “Essential Questions” is the same for each region; just the title page would be different for each region.
The template can be used as the actual formal report to be turned in, or if you have older students you can utilize this template as a study guide or rough draft, to then be typed on the computer and printed. This packet contains the following:
• Report Template includes
• Title page (template) –There are three templates based on which colonial region yours students choose (New England, Middle, or Southern Colonies).
• Ten Essential Question Pages.
• One extra lined page to be used anywhere needed throughout the report.
• A template for an illustrated portrait of a colonist or colonial family.
• A page to help your students find information for their report.
• Resource Page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
• Note Taking page for students to take notes as they gather research on their person. We have included two different note taking templates for you to choose the one that you’d like the students to use. Copy as needed.
• A Circle Map template has been included for brainstorming purposes as the students start to take notes. The person’s name can go inside the smaller circle and various facts that the students begin to learn can be written in the larger circle.
• Tree Map Graphic Organizers for student planning. This organizer can help students to organize their notes into categories. Some students start with the Circle Map and then categorize and classify these facts into “tree branches” to help them better organize their information. We have also included a blank Tree Map worksheet if you would like your students to create and draw their own tree map.
• A PowerPoint page if you’d like your students to create a PowerPoint.
• An Oral Presentation Information Sheet if you choose to have your students do an oral presentation.
• Student Editing and Revising Checklist.
• Common Core Standards page that can be hung near the student reports on a bulletin board to cite the Common Core Writing Standard being taught.
• Teacher Ideas. This last section is just some ideas that I have used that you may find helpful.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Dinosaur Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺