Detailed viewing worksheet zeros in on key information to help students master the basics of the Cuban Missile Crisis as they watch Thirteen Days
! Features 30 problems in a fully editable file so teachers can customize for their own classes!
What Buyers Are Saying:
---Great for keeping them engaged! Great movie, too.
---Great resource to keep the kids on task!
---Great to keep them on track!
This Thirteen Days Worksheet
Uses a Cloze / Fill-in Format that Helps Students Pay Close Attention!
ABOUT THIS THIRTEEN DAYS MOVIE WORKSHEET
This worksheet is designed to be used by students as they watch the film, encouraging them to focus in on key details even as they enjoy the action, intrigue, and adventure of 1962's Cuban Missile Crisis.
Structure of worksheet: Key statements from the film's script are provided, but important words or phrases are blocked out. Students are to fill in the missing words or phrases as they watch the film. I have used these worksheets with my classes and have found them to be highly successful at helping students follow the movie better.
The worksheet is two pages long and has 30 cloze (fill-in-the-blank) problems to be solved while students watch the film.
TEACHER CONVENIENCE FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS THIRTEEN DAYS WORKSHEETS PACKET
I have organized student materials and teacher materials in several ways so that you have a variety of options.
Student Materials: Two worksheet versions are provided for your convenience:
1) Re-usable. Make one class set and use it with multiple groups over multiple years. Save on paper, ink, and the hassle of making printouts. Answer blanks on this set are noted with the characters: -----. This is on purpose so that students do not feel they have a "blank" to write on. ----- is too short to be of much use and the position of the hyphens would block their writing in any case.
2) Consumable. If you prefer to let students write directly on the worksheets, use the set that has answer blanks noted with the characters: ______________________________. Please note that all blanks are the same size (except when shortening a blank will help with formatting the flow of the sentence). This is to avoid giving students unintentional hints or clues about the answers. The answers can be derived only from carefully watching the film.
Teacher Materials: Three answer keys are provided to you:
1) Answers provided in context for use in class discussions of the material. This answer key might also be easiest to use if you have students use the consumable worksheets.
2) Answers provided in context as above, but with timestamps to help you keep track of where each problem occurs in the film. These timestamps match the DVD version of the film.
3) A more traditional linear answer key to make correcting student work simpler. This answer key is probably easiest to use if you have students use the re-usable worksheets.
Movie worksheets by Elise Parker.
-----> Note: I have another product Thirteen Days product available on this site. It is a set of true/false & multiple choice questions on the movie (over 100 questions in all) that you might find a useful addition to your materials for the movie. One option would be to use the worksheets in this set during the movie viewing, and the questions set as a follow-up activity or test. Full details are available here:
You can get both Thirteen Days activities for a discounted price if you purchase my "Thirteen Days Bundle." The bundle will cost $7.99 instead of over $11.00 for the two products. See this page
for more details.