The following is a final exam for the novel Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It includes...
1. 15 matching definition of literary terms
2. 6 character quotes matching
3. 6 identification of figurative language (quotes from novel)
4. 18 multiple choice questions on the following:
• Identify conflict, types of conflict, and analyze the effects on character and plot
• Identify themes of the novel and analyze the lesson learned
• Analyze character through quote matching section
• Identify and analyze symbols
• Make inferences and support with textual evidence
• Identify the main idea of a passage with evidence
• Identify and analyze foreshadowing and flashback
• Identify and analyze the point of view of the text
5. 5 short answer essays (paragraph with details) - Analysis of point of view, plot, foreshadowing/flashback, symbol, and feminist lens
6. 1 analytic response - analysis of theme with 2 quotes from the novel
An answer key is included. Also, the preview contains samples of each section of the test.