by Steve Metzger is spooky version of ! There are tons of opportunities for sequencing and retelling with this book companion! Or, read the original tale and follow up with this "not so spooky" version!
- Pocket Chart Cards for story time participation: getting them involved in the story time will help them with retention and get them excited about being part of the activity!
- Do a Dot Story Page: children will use bingo daubers to DOT each of the monsters in the story either while you read the book, while listening at your listening center or while watching the story time via a class screen.
- Differentiated Sequencing Cut and Glue Activities:
- Sequence all 12 of the monsters that built the house onto plain boxes
- Sequence all 12 on boxes with numbers
- Sequence all 12 on boxes with text to match the pictures
- Partial Sequencing Cut and Glue:
- Children will fill in the missing monsters on the sequencing worksheet (with blank boxes)
- Children will fill in the missing monsters in sequence (with text in each box)
- Story Retelling Mat in Color
- Story Retelling Mat in BW
- Story Game Activity for small groups, literacy centers or guided reading groups
- Game Board
- Monster Cards
- Instructions for playing included!