“Thomas Jefferson” is a Social Studies lesson that focuses on the contributions of America’s 3rd president. Students do a close read on an original informational text. Details are examined and understood by annotating the text and creating a 3D Graphic Organizer (foldable). A printable is included for students to categorize details about Thomas Jefferson as facts or opinions. Answer keys are included with the lesson.
Suggestions for how to use the activities in this lesson with an interactive notebook are also included. The 3D graphic organizer will fit within the pages of a standard composition notebook. However, the lesson is designed so that it can also be used without such notebooks.
I completed this lesson with my students in 2 days. Ideas are included on how you might structure the lesson to suit your schedule.
Included in this product:
• Detailed 4-page lesson outline (PREVIEW)
• “I Can” Learning Goal Chart
• Essential Question Chart
• Vocabulary Poster
• Vocabulary Lesson Outline
• KWL Chart
• Content-rich Informational Text (Lexile measure 750L)
• Teacher’s Guide for the Informational Text
• Cloze (scaffolded) Notes for informational text with answer key
• 3D Trifold Graphic Organizer (foldable)
• Fact or Opinion Printable
Also available in the American Presidents Series:
• George Washington
• Abraham Lincoln
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator
Social studies, history, Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence, Louisiana Purchase, Lewis and Clark Expedition, informational text, interactive notebook, foldable, graphic organizers, cloze notes, scaffolded notes, Power Pix, Whole Brain Teaching