PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Finding appropriate, engaging resources for first graders can be tough! This product brings you an informational little book for your students to read, and includes many activities to help your students learn all about Thomas Jefferson.
This product contains the following:
• Pages 4-7: Little book to learn facts (run front/back)
• Page 8: Circle Map for recording facts
• Page 9: Tree Map for recording facts
• Page 10: Fact recording sheet to record specific facts
• Pages 11-12: Timeline cut and paste
• Pages 13-14: Flip Fact Book
• Pages 15-16: Lined paper for writing a summary of the factual information learned
• Page 17: Clip art cut-outs (4 sets per page) for students to color and attach to writing
Suggestions for Use:
1. Students can use several resources to gain facts about the historical figure including the little book provided, library books, and social studies textbooks. In addition several online resources are included with links.
2. Record facts on any of the provided graphics organizers
3. Complete the timeline activity
4. Have students write a factual paragraph(s) about what they have learned
5. Use the provided clip art for students to color, cut, and attach to their writing.
My students really enjoyed using these resources to learn, record, and write about each historical figure. I know your students will too!
Thanks so much for visiting Fun Times in First. Nancy