Also included in
- The Constitution & A New Nation No Prep Unit Bundle: PowerPoints, Passages, Activities, QuizzesThis resource pack is a no prep complete UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about the Constitution & A New Nation that includes 4-5 weeks of materials. There are 6 complete lessons, an editable study$21.95$29.70Save $7.75
- US History Vol. 1 No Prep Unit Bundle: PowerPoints, Passages, Activities, QuizzesVERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!!This resource is a growing bundle. I have had many requests of teachers wanting to go ahead and purchase this bundle instead of purchasing the units separately. As units are added, you can$119.95$193.05Save $73.10
- US History No Prep Unit Bundle: PowerPoints, Passages, Activities, QuizzesVERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!!This resource is a growing bundle. I have had many requests of teachers wanting to go ahead and purchase this bundle instead of purchasing the units separately. As units are added, you can simply$219.95$341.55Save $121.60
Students will learn about the important events that occurred during Jefferson's presidency.
The Presidency of Thomas Jefferson No Prep Lesson: PowerPoint, Reading Passage, Activities, Quiz
This resource pack is a no prep complete lesson (GOOGLE version included!) about the presidency of Thomas Jefferson that includes 3-5 days of materials. Audios of the reading passage & quiz are included. This is perfect for students with read aloud accommodations. This resource can also be easily used for distance/digital learning because all components are available in a digital format.
Includes: the election of 1800; loose construction & strict construction of the US Constitution; Jefferson's approach to his presidency; how Jefferson expanded the power of the federal government; the Louisiana Purchase; westward expansion with the Lewis & Clark expedition; taking of Native American lands to expand the agrarian system; slavery during Jefferson's presidency; Adams's midnight judges & the Judiciary Act of 1801; Marbury v. Madison (1803) and its significance on the US Supreme Court; & the Embargo Act of 1807.
WANT TO TRY A FREE NO PREP LESSON? DOWNLOAD MY COLD WAR SUPERPOWERS TO CHECK IT OUT!
Looking for something more comprehensive? Check out my Constitution & A New Nation Curriculum Unit.
This lesson is included in the Constitution & A New Nation Unit Bundle. Buy the bundle and save 25%!
Perfect for sub plans!
This lesson can teach itself. Students can easily check their own answers with the included answer keys.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quiz is also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quiz is also self-grading!
• 13 slide PowerPoint presentation that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes (PowerPoint presentation includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lesson)
• slotted notes page so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentation Editable slotted notes included!
• informational reading passage about the presidency of Thomas Jefferson (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the "paper saver" version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the "note-taking" version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 2 worksheet pages with 4 activities (key terms, dates & events, political cartoon, and a literacy connection) Each activity has two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quiz
• GOOGLE version of all components
• GOOGLE Form self-grading quiz
• audio of reading passage & quiz
→Short on time?←
Simply give students the reading passage, and they can complete the activities independently. All information needed for the activities is contained in the reading passage! This can also be used for homework.
++++++++++US HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
==========NO PREP UNITS FOR US HISTORY==========
++++++++++WORLD HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
=========NO PREP UNITS FOR WORLD HISTORY=========
© Brainy Apples/Heather LeBlanc, LLC