Those Shoes Activities and Graphic Organizers Book Companion
Also included in
- This Friendships growing bundle includes graphic organizers for the following picture books:ChrysanthemumThe Day You BeginA Bad Case of the StripesLost and FoundThe Name JarThelma the UnicornThe Invisible BoyAll Are WelcomeThose ShoesWe Found a HatEach KindnessMeesha Makes FriendsCLICK HERE to becomPrice $49.00Original Price $73.05Save $24.05
- Struggling to find age-appropriate activities to teach the REFLECTIVE IB learner profile attribute? In this bundle, you will find reflective activities for 5 picture books and activities specifically promoting being REFLECTIVE. The activities and graphic organizers are no-prep and open-ended. Here'sPrice $20.00Original Price $32.60Save $12.60
- Are you looking for resources that teach more than 10 comprehension skills while helping you promote social awareness in the classroom?Social awareness helps your students cope in new situations and increases their emotional well-being. It helps them recognise how their emotions and behaviour influePrice $42.00Original Price $63.30Save $21.30
- Are you looking for resources that teach more than 10 comprehension skills while teaching empathy in the classroom?Picture books about empathy show the consequences of actions by thinking about other people's feelings, accepting differences and creating meaningful relationships. Having a good undersPrice $20.00Original Price $33.95Save $13.95
Are you looking for an engaging way to teach reading comprehension strategies? Look no further! Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts with this comprehensive set of activities.
The Those Shoes literacy activities are fun, easy to use, differentiated, and specifically connected to the book through imagery and quotes.
The worksheets are open-ended, so your students can work at their own level, and you can assess their understanding.
Those Shoes promotes fairness, generosity and thankfulness and reflects on the difference between wants and needs.
These themes are reinforced further with Those Shoes read-aloud questions for you to use before, during and after reading the book. Try some of the Those Shoes questions in your classroom today by visiting this blog post.
Find everything you need in one time-saving literacy resource for Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts.
Prep is quick and easy. Just print the student pages you need, and you are ready to deliver fun and engaging lessons! All you need to prepare is the book!
This Those Shoes literacy resource includes NO-PREP graphic organizers covering different comprehension skills.
- Asking and answering questions
- Author’s purpose
- Cause and effect
- Character traits
- Compare and contrast
- Inferring and predicting
- Main idea and theme
- Making connections
- Point of view
- Problem and solution
- Retelling and sequencing
Your students will love practicing comprehension skills in engaging ways, engaging in active and meaningful discussions, working on challenging but achievable activities suitable for different abilities, making connections with their own experiences and playing cut-and-stick activities and games.
- Activities and games related to the cause and effect in Those Shoes.
- Activities explore the character traits in Those Shoes, along with anchor chart labels.
- The read-aloud questions come as a list, individual cards and as sticky note templates. The Those Shoes questions include inference, prediction, making connections, point of view, character traits and much more!
- Those Shoes inferring and predicting activities.
- Main idea and theme with specific examples related to Those Shoes.
- Making connections to the themes and actions in Those Shoes, including text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world.
- Point of view activities related to the characters, author and narrator of Those Shoes.
- Those Shoes retelling and sequencing activities with text and visual images, including black and white and colored versions.
Each comprehension skill has activities with different difficulty levels, so all you have to do is choose the best pages for your student’s needs.
Many of the Those Shoes activities have boxes your students can respond to with text or illustrations, depending on their ability.
This resource is perfect for:
- reading and writing workshops
- guiding reading
- literacy centers
- substitute plans
- small group instruction
- independent work
This Those Shoes book companion is a supplemental product. You can choose the most relevant pages for your needs and the ability and understanding of your students.
The purple text on the ‘Teacher Notes’ pages is specific to the book, for example, ideas for sequencing and the main idea and theme.
The Those Shoes book activities and questions and activities are opinion based and open-ended for easy differentiation.
Please ask any questions before purchasing.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
"Includes a lot of different graphic organizers to choose from! My students loved reading this book and completing the worksheets included in this package!" - Marla
⭐️ Bundle & SAVE ⭐️
Copyright © Children’s Library Lady
This product is for individual single-classroom use only. Copying, altering, redistributing, editing, or re-selling anything from this product is strictly forbidden.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.