Also included in
- This bundle of lessons, labs, and field activities is perfect for an introduction to a high school environmental science course. The notes and projects are designed to facilitate independent learning and are ideal for sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of concepts. Activities and e$44.00$55.50Save $11.50
- Are you ready for your students to take charge of their learning? This environmental science course is interactive, hands-on, and student-centered! It includes tons of labs and activities as well as web-quests, worksheets, concept maps, and quizzes! Students learn about the features and organisms$170.00$212.50Save $42.50
This bundle of lessons, labs, and activities is perfect for a high school environmental science course and will introduce your students to the topics of identifying a species, endangered species, threatened species, and speciation.
This lesson is designed to facilitate independent learning and is ideal for a sub plan or simply to encourage self-instruction of basic concepts. If independent learning isn't your goal, it still fits perfectly into a teacher-directed curriculum.
▶️Want to use this lesson in Google Classroom(TM) or Microsoft OneDrive(TM)?
Find a Google Drive version of this file here for assigning materials in a SNAP!
➤Included in this product:
- Detailed teacher lesson plan including essential questions, standards, included resources, and materials list
- Student web-quest on defining species, endangered species & threatened species with guided student notes
- Endangered species research project with grading rubric
- 3 additional assignments:
- Digging Deeper: Speciation
- Real Life Scenario: Ozarks' Collard Lizard case study
- Data Analysis: Interspecific Competition
➤My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
➤How do I use this lesson?
Students independently gain vocabulary and basic concepts through internet web-quests and videos. Then in research and online activities, students are able to practice these concepts and see them come to life in real environments. This lesson bundle is perfect for substitutes or distance learning because students can work independently.
➤What curriculum could I use with this lesson?
This lesson is ideally geared towards high school students and would work well with a general level Environmental Science or Biology textbook. It addresses the following topics in AP Environmental Science (APES):
- 5.10: Impacts of Urbanization
- 8.2: Human Impacts on Ecosystems
- 9.9: Endangered Species
- 9.10: Human Impacts on Biodiversity