Three Bears - Literacy and Math Activities for Early Learners.
Extend the learning after telling the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Developmentally appropriate for pre-readers and pre-writers. Ideal for preschool and pre-K groups.
• Outdoors bears’ house background for storytelling (color)
• Indoors background of room for storytelling (color)
• Large characters of the Three Bears and Goldilocks, plus other items in the story for storytelling, magnetic and flannel board and craft-stick puppets.
• Emergent reader in color and b/w. Read the story with the children. Ask what will come next. Have them “pretend” read the book. Also use the pictures for arranging the story in a sequence of events.
• Set of large flashcards - use for storytelling, recognition, vocabulary etc. Print 2 or more copies to match, sort, and play Memory, Concentration and Snap
• Graphic organizer to sort big, medium and small pictures (b/w)
• Clip it cards – 1-10. Pin a clothespin on the numeral that matches the set. Numbers can also be covered by a counter. (color)
• Goldilocks number sequencing. Arrange numbers in order from 0-10. Use to match numeral with 10-frame cards. (color)
• Bears 10-frame cards 0-10. Cut out cards – use for set sequencing, one to one counting (cover bowls with plastic bears or counters). Also use to match with Goldilocks number cards.
• 2 pre-writing/tracing pages
• Set of 3 bear face masks, each in color and b/w
• A page for the children to draw their favorite part of the story. Teacher can write their words.
IMPORTANT: Click the PREVIEW link to see many more sample pages, and to make sure this is the educational level you are looking for.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources