Extend the learning after telling the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Developmentally appropriate for pre-readers and pre-writers. Ideal for preschool and pre-K groups.
• Outdoors bears’ house background for storytelling (color)
• Indoors background of room for storytelling (color)
• Large characters of the Three Bears and Goldilocks, plus other items in the story for storytelling, magnetic and flannel board and craft-stick puppets.
• Emergent reader in color and b/w. Read the story with the children. Ask what will come next. Have them “pretend” read the book. Also use the pictures for arranging the story in a sequence of events.
• Set of large flashcards - use for storytelling, recognition, vocabulary etc. Print 2 or more copies to match, sort, and play Memory, Concentration and Snap
• Graphic organizer to sort big, medium and small pictures (b/w)
• Clip it cards – 1-10. Pin a clothespin on the numeral that matches the set. Numbers can also be covered by a counter. (color)
• Goldilocks number sequencing. Arrange numbers in order from 0-10. Use to match numeral with 10-frame cards. (color)
• Bears 10-frame cards 0-10. Cut out cards – use for set sequencing, one to one counting (cover bowls with plastic bears or counters). Also use to match with Goldilocks number cards.
• 2 pre-writing/tracing pages
• Set of 3 bear face masks, each in color and b/w
• A page for the children to draw their favorite part of the story. Teacher can write their words.
IMPORTANT: Click the PREVIEW link to see many more sample pages, and to make sure this is the educational level you are looking for.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources
43 plus cover and contents