This unit contains 43 pages that are all focused on the three branches of government: Judicial, Executive and Legislative.
Included in this unit are:
• Review game for Judicial Branch
• Review game for Executive Branch
• Review game for all three branches
• Graphic organizer
• Presentations on each Branch
• A how to on how to use Prezi
• Tree Template
• Spinner for review games
• A template for the tree graphic organizer
• Optional Wheel of Fortune game where the students make up the questions for each branch.
• A graphic organizer to organize information for the tree.
• KWL Chart
• Vocabulary cards and definitions for notebook or flashcards.*
• Vocabulary test and answers to the test.
• Two versions of a three branches of government test and answers to the test.
• Vocabulary word search and answers.*
• Vocabulary crossword puzzle and answers.*
This unit is mainly focused on 3rd graders and 5th graders, but some of the information could be used for upper grades.
I have taught this lesson in a third grade ELL class, but I am sure it will be useful for whatever grade you are teaching this unit in. The third graders loved this unit. They loved playing the games and had fun throughout the whole unit!
3.4 Students understand the role of rules and laws in our daily lives and the basic structure of the U.S. government.
3.4.4 Understand the three branches of government, with an emphasis on local government.
Please rate and follow me if you like this product! Thank you for looking!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.