A math game for the lower levels. Using game pieces that have both letters and numbers on each piece. This activity offers practice in both spelling and math!
Game pieces have been provided, or you can choose to use a game such as scrabble.
1. Give each child a handful of game pieces, a print out of the following page and a pencil.
2. Instruct them to put together the game pieces so that they spell out a three letter, it is suggested that you have them reference their spelling words and have said spelling words somewhere that the child can see.
3. The student may line up the letters in the boxes provided if it makes it easier.
4. Once they have put together a word successfully, have them copy down the letters into the boxes provided.
5. Next point out the number that is on the piece, instruct them to write the number on the line underneath the letter it was attached to.
6. Finally have them add up all three numbers.